ALL STOPTECH PRODUCTS - PRICE ON APPLICATION - SPECIAL ORDER ONLY
recent feedback on a Stoptech front and rear kit on BMW Z4M
"Just wanted to let you know the BBK is on, bedded in and totally fabulous. I have yet to venture on track with it but can see it will really come into its own then. Surprisingly, it came with a set of Stoptech fast road/track pads, which I thought I may as well put on first and see how they fair. Will save the RS29’s for next year. Thanks for your competitive price and assistance. I will be back to you when the time comes for replacement pads and discs. All the very best…Kind regards, Trevor"
StopTech was founded in March of 1999 with a singular mission: Become the leading manufacturer and supplier of high performance brake components and systems. United by their passion for racing and high performance vehicles, the founding staff sought to challenge the status quo in known brake technology, and set new paradigms for brake upgrade systems.
In service of the mission, and as a direct result of our ongoing brake research, StopTech has to date received three patents in brake technology and has one patent currently pending for example the AeroRotor..
StopTech is the first aftermarket brake company to offer balanced front brake upgrades, engineered to dramatically improve overall braking performance while remaining compatible with the stock OE rear brakes. This has significantly advanced the state of art in aftermarket brake upgrades.
StopTech is now the worldwide leader in Balanced Brake Upgrades™ for production cars, with over 277 platform offerings. The company consistently wins braking contests performed by independent publications, and is now the dominant, preferred brake system in the SPEED World Challenge® Touring Car Series, the most competitive, production based sprint race series in North America. The company also participates in Grand-Am® Cup, the premier production based endurance racing series in North America.
Core competencies: StopTech engineers and manufactures high performance brake rotors, calipers, DOT compliant stainless steel lines, and brake upgrade systems for the racing and performance street markets. The company distributes OE aftermarket rotors, brake pads and brake fluid. StopTech's ST-40 and ST-60 calipers are manufactured using a squeeze-forged process.
Caliper bodies, hats, and brackets are machined to ISO standards at StopTech's manufacturing facilities in Torrance, California using the latest CNC machines that feature active tooling.
The key, however, is to increase heat capacity and reduce compliance without upsetting the stock front to rear brake torque ratio. If the brake upgrade you select adds too much front torque (as many do), you reduce your car's ability to utilize the tractive capacity of all of the tires to the maximum practical extent (even on ABS equipped cars) and you therefore create performance sacrifices. In addition, too many pistons or pistons that are too large will make the brake pedal much more difficult to modulate, which limits a driver's control of brake input on the race trac
Advantages of StopTech over other brake upgrades:
- Shorter Stopping Distances
- Better Brake Modulation
- Firmer Brake Pedal
- Less Brake Fade
Feature Benefit Summary:
- Balanced Brake Upgrades™ with optimum brake bias offer the shortest stopping distance with the best pedal feel
- Our patented AeroRotors® with the best airflow available result in better cooling, less fade and longer rotor and pad life
- The stiffest aftermarket calipers with patented bridge result in better clamping under hard braking and less pad taper
- Track testing of new applications ensures optimum performance
Items 1-6 of 18
- FRONT STOPTECH Touring Big Brake Kit MERCEDES C CLASS - 355mm x32 ST40 - 4 pot (83.560.4700.73_227)Stoptech Brake kit for C43 AMG (W202) 1999 - 2000 Learn More
- FRONT STOPTECH Touring Big Brake Kit MERCEDES C CLASS - 355mm x32 ST40 - 4 pot (83.561.4700.73_224)Stoptech Brake kit for C Class except AMG (W202) 1999 - 2000 Learn More
- FRONT STOPTECH Touring Big Brake Kit MERCEDES C CLASS - 355mm x32 ST40 - 4 pot (83.565.4700.73_225)Stoptech Brake kit for C Class except AMG; except Sports Sal. (W203) 2001 - 2007 Learn More
- FRONT STOPTECH Touring Big Brake Kit MERCEDES C CLASS - 355mm x32 ST40 - 4 pot (83.567.4700.73_226)Stoptech Brake kit for C32 AMG (W203) 2002 - 2004 Learn More
- FRONT STOPTECH Touring Big Brake Kit MERCEDES C CLASS - 355mm x32 ST40 - 4 pot (83.567.4700.73_228)Stoptech Brake kit for C55 AMG (W203) 2005 - 2007 Learn More
- FRONT STOPTECH Touring Big Brake Kit MERCEDES CL - 355mm x32 ST40 - 4 pot (83.562.4700.73_229)Stoptech Brake kit for CL Class except AMG (W215) 2000 - 2006 Learn More