Blackline ATB Diffs
Torque Sensing or Automatic Torque Biasing Differentials.
The advantages over a plate or viscous differential are:
- Equal rotational speed to both wheels
- Torque distributed according to traction
- Minimal service requirements - no clutches
- Quick reaction compared to viscous LSDs
- Gentle and progressive engagement, low noise
- Easily controlled power take-off and drifting
- Gears and body manufactured from 8620 alloy steel
- Direct replacement into stock differential
Quaife or Blackline? or another make/ type?
You'll notice that Balance Motorsport do not sell Quaife differentials. We feel for price vs performance there are better alternatives. The Quaife differential is also Torque Biasing design which is a good all round set up. Unfortunately it does have a downside and that is that if one wheel in unloaded completely all power will go to that wheel, like an open diff. We can also supply Gripper plate Diffs & Wavetrac Differentials which solve this problem!
So why Blackline over Quaife?
- Material Quality - Drop Forged from 8620 Alloy Steel (this produces a better product at lower cost than a machined billet)
- Engineering Tolerance - Blackline machining is carried out on 7-Axis CNC equipment and tolerances are to OEM standards
- Price - a more competitive market price without any downsides mean we are happy to offer this product which is growing in range.