Polycarbonate Window Kits - for Motor Sport
Balance Motorsport have teamed up with a leading supplier of Polycarbonate Motor Sport Window Kits, to bring you Peak Performance Plastics. Our range of kits for popular vehicles is available to order online below, but custom kits for any vehicle are available on request.
These plastic window kits combine perfect visibility with a significant reduction in weight. In addition they are amazingly tough - Polycarbonate is used for Aeroplane Cockpit Canopies and Helmet Visors because of its incredible strength.
Unlike some of the cheaper kits on the market these are formed to the same profile as the OE glass, maintaining the appearance, and aerodynamics, of the original.
Compliant with FIA and MSA Regulations.
The two brand names supplied are Makrolon® and Lexan. Both are made from polycarbonate which has a unique combination of properties. It is extremely robust, lightweight with glass-like transparency and is highly impact resistant – even at low temperatures, where traditionally, plastics can be weak.
It has a high dimensional stability and is easily moulded, yet has excellent heat resistance with a glass transition temperature of up to 148 degC.
Properties & advantages at a glance
- Extremely tough - 250 times stronger than Glass
- 50% lighter than glass
- Good heat resistance
- Glass-like transparency, optical quality
- High dimensional accuracy and stability
- The same materical is used to make Bullet resistant panes
- Peak Performance Plastics - Motorsport Window Kit MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO 10 -4mm Thick£495.60 £413.00
- Peak Performance Plastics - Motorsport Window Kit MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO 10 -5mm Thick£544.80 £454.00
- Peak Performance Plastics - Motorsport Window Kit MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO 7-8-9 -4mm Thick£463.20 £386.00
- Peak Performance Plastics - Motorsport Window Kit MITSUBISHI LANCER EVO 7-8-9 -5mm Thick£512.40 £427.00