Suspension Specialists in Sussex
Considered a mysterious art by many, Suspension is the most important aspect to speed over any course with corners - much more so than power.
Suspension consists of generally simple mechanical parts but the relationship between them and the car is very complex. How difficult this task is really depends on the use the vehicle is intended for. For example a road car that you are trying to increase handling ability on will require a very different approach to one used for Motorsport. It is the successful interaction of the components together that creates a car that not only handles and grips well but that is also informative and controllable near, or on the limit. This interaction is influenced by a number of variables such as weight transfer, centre-of-gravity, bump steer, roll steer, downforce and tyres.
The basic components of suspension for road or Motorsport are relatively simple although a number of different layouts are employed. The majority of cars employ a coil spring, shock absorber (damper), wishbones and anti-roll bars. More sophisticated cars come equipped with Coilover shocks. These are available as Coilover Kits as an upgrade for most cars (e.g Bilstein B16 PSS). From the simple macpherson strut set up to the more complicated double wishbone system the objectives are the same.
The most obvious starting point for modification is the springs and dampers. However at Balance Motorsport we aim to ensure you achieve maximum value from any of your purchases. Upgrading suspension springs and dampers to high performance versions, before ensuring that the components they attach to are in good order, is a false economy. Better to start with uprated polyurethane bushes (eg Powerflex) and replacement of ball joints, track rod ends and wishbones if their condition is in any doubt.
A faulty track rod end can cause bump steer, vague steering and poor handling. These components collectively are usually a lot less than a set of adjustable coilovers but the effect of replacement can be as marked on a car where their condition is poor. Notable examples include something with multilink suspension front and rear with lots of replaceable bushes. These can get pricey.Above all if you don't have the budget for a suspension and chassis engineer we can help you achieve results, by tailoring a solution to your regulations!
Please use the sidebar to the left to navigate this category.
suspension for all these makes...... ALFA ROMEO, ALPINA, ARIEL, ASTON MARTIN, AUDI, BMW, CATERHAM ,CHEVROLET, CITROEN, DAIHATSU, FERRARI, FIAT, FORD, GINETTA, HILLMAN, HONDA, JAGUAR, LAMBORGHINI, LANCIA, LOTUS, MASERATI, MAZDA, MERCEDES, MG, MINI, MITSUBISHI, MORGAN, NISSAN, PEUGEOT, PORSCHE, PROTON, RADICAL, RELIANT, RENAULT, ROVER, SAAB, SEAT, SUBARU, TOYOTA, TVR, VAUXHALL, VW, WESTFIELD
Balance Motorsport are based in West Sussex BN5 9XH - happy to provide mail order or selected installation. Bespoke suspension solutions available including design services for custom spring / shock combinations.
Items 1-6 of 29607
- AST Suspension 205 PEUGEOT AST 5300 Series 3-Way Suspension 205 GTI all models£3,978.00 £3,315.00SPECIAL KIT SPRUNG AND VALVED TO DELIVER ROAD COMFORT Learn More
- AST Suspension BMW E36 AST 5100 Series Coilover Suspension E36 M3 3.0 & 3.2£2,089.20 £1,741.00AST Suspension BMW E36 AST 5100 Series Coilover Suspension E36 M3 3.0 & 3.2 Learn More
- AST Suspension BMW E36 AST 5100 Series Coilover Suspension E36 Saloon & Coupe - all exc M3£2,089.20 £1,741.00AST Suspension BMW E36 AST 5100 Series Coilover Suspension E36 Saloon & Coupe - all exc M3 Learn More
- AST Suspension BMW E36 AST 5200 Series 2 Way Suspension E36 Saloon/Coupe all models exc M3£3,720.00 £3,100.00AST Suspension BMW E36 AST 5200 Series 2 Way Suspension E36 Saloon/Coupe all models exc M3 Learn More
- AST Suspension BMW E36 AST 5300 Series 3-Way Suspension E36 M3£4,635.60 £3,863.00AST Suspension BMW E36 AST 5300 Series 3-Way Suspension E36 M3 Learn More